Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Is This Painting Good Feng Shui For $$$?



Here was the question:
Hey Katie!  My parents gave me this drawing when they downsized. I love this artist, love the drawing (it's all pencil!), and love the way it is framed. But it is a ship on a stormy sea! Not the best feng shui I'm thinking! If I can hang it, what section of the bagua would it work????

Alright.  Here's the deal.  Sailboats in motion are AWESOME feng shui in the Money section of the bagua.  I have one in my Money corner, in fact, a pencil drawing as well, and I love it.

But, Oh, this is a tricky one…
…because there is definitely a storm a-brewing in this picture.



Or is it a storm a-waning?

Regardless, it's a mighty boat on a mighty sea with a mighty sky.  That boat is absolutely harnessing the power of the wind, and that's exactly what the Money sector is all about -- harnessing those Winds of Fortune, in fact.

My advice to this client:
 Since you love it, I will say Yes, hang it in your Money sector, and only in your money sector.  But be forewarned -- you may have quite a strong wind of sorts coming your way, so please prepare yourself.   According to the size and strength of the boat in the picture, you are prepared!

This is a case where I would have you hang it, but pay extra special attention to what happens in the days and weeks after hanging it.  This is a riskier piece than some, given the storm, but if you feel like "playing" a bit with the feng shui, then I say go for it…. but learn as you go!  And I 100% support you in taking it down if things seem a little rocky for you after you do hang it.  

And, by all means, let us know what happens!



P.S.  This is a little bit more advanced feng shui, but it should be noted:  Remember that each room has a Money section in it -- so if it doesn't really fit aesthetically in the home's Money section, the back right corner of any room will do!  Especially an office!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a little bit more advanced feng shui, but it should be noted: Remember that each room has a Money section in it -- so if it doesn't really fit aesthetically in the home's Money section, the back right corner of any room will do! Especially an office! fengshui